Monday, June 22, 2009

Water

We surprised Kartik by the news today. It's already 2 days. He was at his aunt's.

I had become mentally attached to the camera and that hurt me most. It was a nice gesture from Kartik to hand me over the camera rights for the day. But it was alien to me, and I didn't have time to learn how to use it in the custom mode. So at the end of the day I was pretty dissatisfied with the photos. Moreover the camera ran out of battery, just before the oceanarium.


Jai and I went to St. Kilda Beach first. Nice place. Small beach. Some manmade green patches to lie down on, quite close to the water. I liked the combination of uniform green, uniform yellow and uniform blue. There was a narrow stretch of rocky land extension into the sea. That's where penguins and water rats are bred, but we weren't allowed to go in there. There were lots of yachts, probably used in fishing.
We were joined by Kartik before the aquarium. It was very exciting to see King penguins, Sharks, Ray Fish, beautiful Corals, Jelly Fish, Snake-necked turtles, sea horses, stone fish, blind fish (they didn't have eyes), transparent fish, etc for the first time.










Lion's mane Jelly Fish


There were transparent cylindrical tunnels through the oceanarium, giving the people a good view of the thousands of sea creatures packed within and moving all around us.



(The last 3 photographs weren't taken by us).

No comments:

Post a Comment