Friday, June 26, 2009

Post Mortem

The point of concern was that why our theory on attacks had failed (Reference: http://arnabdhabal.blogspot.com/2009/06/plans.html). But it actually hadn’t, we realized. I was supposed to take care of ‘n-2’ people, which was zero in my case!

Anyway seriously speaking, I found some good information which should be sufficient for finding out the ‘shuor-er naati-s’. They emptied my phone balance before I blocked it. And the number to which they called was a number in Syria. For enthusiasts the number was (+963)955132992. I informed this detail to the police, but I wonder if the police would care to do the needful, to find out the SNs.

I also helped them make a sketch of one of the guys, but the problem lay with the eyes. Of the 50 odd eyes that I had to choose from, it was difficult. Same had to be done with the nose, chin, forehead. In the end I got a face, and when asked how much I would give it in terms of resemblance. I said 70% but I was 100% sure that the police won’t be able to catch him using that pic. Anyway, I suppose the more determinate way would be the phone number. But frankly, I am quite disappointed by their efforts. I don’t know whether it is lack of professionalism or lack of experience or both, but something is definitely lacking.

Kartik's uncle Prakash helped me apply for a Compensation claim. For that I needed a doc report. The practitioner at the university health centre charged $81 for 5 minutes, but thankfully the University bore the costs.

Chocolate at Max Brenner was excellent. Here we met Randy (Randheer), a student at the Melbourne University, a friend of Kartik, and a holder of dual citizenship of Australia and Srilanka. He is well in course of going to every country of the world. Europe, North America and Oceania almost complete. Been to a lot of places in Asia and Africa as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment