Sunday, July 19, 2009

Over

The first day in Melbourne was sunny and warm. So was the last day.

I will deal with this part as briefly as I can. Allison was the first to say byebye. She said she would like to have me back again. I was happy to have done justice to my expectations as an IITian. Then she left for Brazil for a conference.

With Azmir too, things got a bit emotional towards the end. He came to the airport with us. Besides the good work experience together, we became good friends as well. I will miss him.

We owed Gail a lot, for her hospitality. We often gave her trouble. I with the keys, Kartik once with flooding his toilet (trying to perform an experiment to estimate how much water is wasted). Then there was Goldilocks (Piyush) who slept in Pulkit’s room the night Pulkit left, only to be surprised by Gail in the morning. We shared jokes about us with her. Every morning, we wished her, and she wished us back. We reflected on all these as we bid each other farewell.

Pulkit and Kartik, - we will be seeing each other for some more time, but I doubt whether there would be the long discussions or the leg pulling that we had amongst us. It was great knowing these guys. I developed a lot of respect for Kartik especially. And Pulkit didn't mind being our 'bakra' for much of the time. Thanks for taking it in good spirit, when you could have easily beaten us into pulp. Even SM became Piyush towards the end, and I found that I no longer disliked his company. It is just his ways that may put off a new person he meets. And finally Jai. At the Netaji Subhash Airport, we parted ways, not knowing if we’d ever meet again. In spite of him saying that there should be no morality and only rules that human beings need to follow, I did notice that his deeds and beliefs too had a moral aspect, beneath the crust. I greatly enjoyed his company throughout the trip.

To the readers of this blog, I think it is time to say goodbye from here. Though I would like you guys to keep in touch just as you did through GTalk or otherwise whenever you wished to comment on my blog. It was nice to get your inputs, and that’s what kept me writing till the end. (I am in general very lazy. My sister keeps record of a large list of the unfinished works of Arnab Dhabal, be it art or writing or whatever. I am happy that this won’t get added to that list.)

Wish to come up with something better in the future. Till then, adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment